Post Production Photo Editor
WE HAVE AN OPENING FOR A POST PRODUCTION PHOTO EDITOR TO BE EMPLOYED ON A PERMANENT BASIS FOR OUR STUDIO IN CALGARY, CANADA
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled Photoshop and Lightroom production artist to develop within our fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will have excellent Photoshop and Lightroom knowledge and skills using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator. Experience working within a modern, dynamic and creative workplace is desirable. The role will include the manipulation and finishing of photographs by use of Photoshop CC/Lightroom and other applicable software.
Working to tight deadlines within our growing post production team and reporting directly to the Studio Manager, you will be responsible for:
Photo Editor Responsibilities
– Re-touching/enhancing /manipulation
– Proficient in the use of the pen tool
– Clipping paths
– Cleaning images
– Colour correction
– Image naming
– Preparing proofs for final approval
– Ensuring that daily targets are met and reported
– Burning of CD/DVD’s
– Printing and submitting contact sheets to potential clients
– Good interpersonal skills, including a good telephone manner
– Video editing is a bonus but not essential
If you feel you are suitable for the above role, please send your current CV, image portfolio (if applicable) and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this is a studio based role and the successful candidate will work at the studio and virtually on a part-time basis.
Due to the high volume of applicants we always receive, if you do not hear back from us within 3 weeks of application, please assume you were unsuccessful and we thank you for your interest.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Ongoing Position: Post Production Photo Editing
Where this work will be used: Web, Mobile, Print, Billboard, Magazine, Other
You should have experience with the following applications: adobe photoshop, adobe indesign
Other Skills: print-layout-design print-design adobe-indesign wordpress adobe-illustrator blog-writing image-editing photo-editing photograph-color-correction photo-manipulation graphic-design adobe-lightroom
You will be asked to answer the following questions when applying:
- What is the best way for us to collaborate so that you can effectively download/work on/upload images?
- Describe the photo editing experience you have – who you worked for and what you did.
- What is your availability, in terms of hours per day and days per week?
- What is your preferred form of communication?
- What is your experience working with corporate clients?